Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to FAQs For Online Registration Customers
- Q: Can I view programs and classes online without registering?
- A: Yes. You can browse through the activities without registering. Click "Search Classes" to see a full list of classes offered.
- Q: How do I register online for a class or program?
- A: Once your account has been established, registration for programs and activities is easy:
1) Click the "Register Now" button on the registration home page.
2) Select the activity that you would like to enroll in. Clicking the underlined activity name will show you a detailed activity description.
3) Click the "Add to My Package" button if you wish to register for the activity.
4) Next, login to your online registration account by entering your login information (your email address) and password. Proceed to checkout by clicking the "Continue" button. From this screen you may remove activities from your cart or view more activities and add them to your cart.
*Important: If more than one family member will be attending the activity, change the quantity registering for the activity and then click on the "Update Cart" button.
5) Confirm your activity name, date and time, enrollee and price.
6) Click "Continue" to proceed with payment. You will be prompted that you are entering a secure site. Click "Yes". Enter your credit card information on the Payment Information Page. Click "Continue". We accepts Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
*Please Note: The name and address must match those that are on file with your credit company. If the address shown is not your credit card billing address, click on the "My Account" button and change your residential address to match your credit card billing address.
7) Once your payment has been approved, your receipt will display. Please print a copy of your receipt for your records.
- Q: Do I need to create an online account?
- A: Yes. Before registering for any programs or classes, you must establish an online account and choose a Password.
This is how you create an online registration account:
1) Click on the "My Account" button.
2) Fill out the form for New Account Request completely, including birth date and click submit. Please submit your request only once.
*Please Note: If you are registering a child for a program, please use your own information when filling out the online registration account request form, NOT the information of the child you wish to register for an activity. Once you have an online registration account, you will have the opportunity to add family members.
- Q: How many accounts should each family have?
- A: We recommend that each family establish one account. Create the account in the name of a head of household and then add all family member names to the account after it is established (see next question).
- Q: How do I add family members to My Account?
- A: You may add a family member under "My Account", this is done by clicking the link "Change information about family members/friends".
- Q: I can't login, my password or login is not being recognized, what should I do?
- A: Make sure that all your cookies are clean as this will prevent you for entering your account.
- Q: How can I retrieve a tax receipt online?
- A: Very simple, just sign into your account and you will see a link with tax receipts. Just enter the payers name and students names and year and a tax receipt will be generated.
- Q: Login issues: What do I do if I forgot my password?
- A: *Please DO NOT create another customer account.
From the My Account program, enter your Login
(usually your email address). Then check the "Forgot your Password" box and click "Continue". You will advance to the custom security question you created when establishing your account. If, after reviewing your custom security question you do not recall your password, or if your password is not valid, please contact our office during normal business hours and a member of our staff will assist you.
- Q: Can I view my transaction history and print out my past receipts online?
- A: Yes. The "My Account" feature allows you to view a detailed list of your past transactions. Just login, click the "My Account" button, and select the program(s) providing transaction history.
- Q: Can I view a schedule of my family's upcoming classes?
- A: Yes. The "My Account" feature allows you to view a weekly schedule of your family's upcoming scheduled classes. Just login, click on the "My Account" button, and then click on "Show Your Daily Schedule". Select the family members whose schedules you would like to view and click "Search". A weekly schedule will display all of the classes your family members have been enrolled in and allow you to click on the activity for more information.
- Q: What will happen if I try to register for a class that is full?
- A: Please call or email Student Services to be placed on a wait list. You will than be contacted in the event that a space in that class/activity opens up or additional classes are added by phone and or email. If you do not claim the space within 24 hours, the space will be given to the next customer on the wait list.
- Q: What is your class cancellation policy?
- A: Minimum enrollment numbers depend on studio capacity and availability of materials.Arts Umbrella will cancel classes with 0, 1 or 2 enrollments two weeks prior to start date.
Cancellations will happen one to two weeks prior to the start date and families will be notified via phone and email. Students from cancelled classes may be transferred to another class free of charge. For classes with three or four enrollments, classes will run for two weeks plus two days before a cancellation decision. A pro-rated refund will be issued.
Arts Umbrella will strive to provide a substitute rather than cancel a class in the event of instructor illness. No refund or make up is eligible for students who miss class.
- Q: What are your session dates and how many weeks do classes run in 2015?
- A: Summer Session 2014:
Week 1 June 30 - July 4
Week 2 July 7 - July 11
Week 3 July 14- July 18
Week 4 July 21- July 25
(except for Theatre Social (13-19) runs for 2 weeks June 30 - July 11)
(Theatre Social (13-19) runs for 2 weeks July 14 - July 25)
Fall 2015: September 15 - December 14 (13 weeks)
Winter 2015: January 12- March 8 (8 weeks)
Spring Break Week: March 9- 13 2015 ( 1 week)
Spring 2015, March 30 - June 21 (11 weeks)
- Q: Are classes running over the Easter Weekend?
- A: Arts Umbrella is closed on Easter weekend from Friday April 3rd - April 6 2015 inclusively.
- Q: My family is facing financial hurdles. How do I apply for a bursary?
- A: Bursary applications are available online at www.artsumbrella.com or at Arts Umbrella locations. Applications must be submitted via email, fax or in person 30 days prior to the first day of the session.
Please consult the cut off dates below:
General Summer Camps July 2014 / May 30, 2014
Fall 2014 / August 15 2014
Winter 2015 / December 12 2014
Spring Break 2015 / February 9 2015
Spring 2015 / Feb 28 2015
General Summer Camps 2015 / May 29 2015
- Q: Do you offer Drop-Ins?
- A: Arts Umbrella does not offer drop-ins. If you would like for your child to try a class prior to registering, please email or call Student Services. The Instructor must approve the request. A $15 fee for a trial applies that will be deducted from the cost of the class if you enroll in it following the trial class.